Tuesday, May 31, 2011

June Bride

I’d like to thank everyone who visited and left such sweet comments welcoming me to blog land. I hope I didn’t miss thanking anyone.

I’ve been a bit busy as we have had the most wonderful guests. Fun was had by all. My niece has recently gotten into scrap booking and will be sweet sixteen shortly. As luck would have it I’ve been purging my stash. Anything I couldn’t use in my card making had been set aside to be donated to Goodwill. Instead I was thrilled to be able to give it all to Maggie as a birthday gift. It was such fun watching her sit on the living room floor like a child on Christmas morning sorting through all her new treasures. She was delighted. It was wonderful getting all those lovely thank you hugs.

I often buy grab bags at thrift shops and yard sales. Although more then worth the price, there are always a few things in most bags I can’t use. Don’t know why I’ve hoarded things I knew I’d never use for so long but now I’m happy I did.




Today's Card is a tri shutter card made for a sweet young lady who has found her prince charming. The sentiment was printed using Word. The frosty white paper was given to me by my daughter, a close out from the print shop she works at. The Start burst paper is Crayola’s Stardust inkjet printer paper. I found a pack of 10 sheets in a thrift shop for 99 cents! The front of the card was embossed with Cuttlebug’s Leafy Branch EF then three ready made flowers were added with glue dots. The flowers, ribbon, lace and pearls were all thrift shop finds. The rings came from the Dollar Tree’s wedding dept. The butterflies were a variety of stamps stamped on velum with versamark, embossed with silver EP, chalked from the back and fussy cut.




“Cheap Trick” You can find amazing bargains at thrift shops and yard sales.

Have an Amazing Day!

Bernie




4 comments:

  1. Hi Bernie

    I love this style for a special card. It's absolutely exquisite and I bet it will be treasured.

    Love the tales of your bargains - either I go round with my eyes closed or we don't have nearly so many good deals over here in the UK.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this tri shutter I haven't made one of these but I have used the sentiment - the words are so true but not over gushy. Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tri-shutter card. I have problems with those! Thanks for trying for my blog candy! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not Tried to make one of those yet..i think i would have to count my fingers afterwards!!! ..Really pretty :D

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!