Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Spring!

Hi There!
Hooray Spring has finally arrived in the Pacific Northwest! That means I have been spending a great deal of time in the garden, trying to make up for lost time.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous week. I am and I had an incredible weekend.

Spring also means yard sales and garage sales here. I don’t think I’ve ever seen as many sales on one weekend as I did this weekend. Everyone was so happy to finally see the sun and have the cold winds subside they came spilling out of their homes. Seemed selling wasn’t as important as just getting out and chatting with people. Some of the churches held impromptu sales. Elderly couples sat in their lawn chairs on their front lawns just to be part of the comings and goings. People brought out their grills and sold hot dogs, cold drinks and others sold snow cones. It was like going from one street fair to the other. Such fun. Exhausting but fun.

I was so excited to see so much crafty goodness, I was like a kid in a candy shop. Look what I found.


 



Card stock, patterned papers, ribbons, ink pads, buttons, cuticle scissors (great for fussy cutting) and stamps! Not pictured were some adhesives, several paper trimmer blades, a few more rolls of ribbon, some paper doilies, a bit of lace and even some storage.

Yes I did stand on a chair to get everything in the picture.

‘Cheap Trick’ for the day is get out and take advantage of those yard and garage sales. I believe our friends in the UK call them Boot Sales. It’s amazing how many people buy things, never even take them out of the packages then sell them for ridiculously low prices. Besides it makes for a fun day out and great exercise.

Have an Amazing Day!

Blessings

Bernie

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant stash, now put those's fingers to work and create something nice to show us........:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant buys. Well done. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Luv Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Bernie - what a great haul! I love the expression 'fussy cutting' :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!