Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Matt

Hi There!  I'd like to welcome my new followers.  Lovely to have you, hope you'll drop by often and find some inspiration.

Believe it or not they actually called and asked if they could deliver the bed a half hour early. Now that’s a first.  I barely got it made before Jim got into it.  Once he did it was so comfy he took a lovely nap. Although his back and legs are still hurting him the bed is so much more comfortable he is slowly feeling better. Hopefully between the new bed and our wonderful chiropractor his aches and pain will soon be gone.

Today is our baby boy, Matt's birthday. Gosh it’s hard to believe he is the father of a ten year old now. When he isn’t working hard or being a wonderful father he loves to play. His favorite toy is his motorcycle. 



It took some time but I found a picture of a bike like his on the web, re-sized it and printed it.  The sentiment was computer generated. I found a piece of card in my black scraps file that had been embossed with a lattice EF.   I found the prefect yellow for the layering.  This looks much more vibrant IRL.

We wont be able to celebrate Matt’s birthday until Thursday but I've promised to make his favorite fried chicken dinner. He isn’t a fan of cake so I’ll surprise him with another of his favorites, Malasadas, Portuguese donuts.

Thanks for stopping by The Closet today.  Your comments are appreciated.
Have An Amazing Day!

Blessings
Bernie
Click here to give --- It’s Free

7 comments:

  1. Terrific card Bernie, just perfect and super colours too and Happy Birthday to your Matt :) You used scraps paper/cards - one for the snippets challenge? So glad the new bed is doing the trick - is Jim's new name Rumplestiltskin then? Have a nice day - I finally managed to email you! Malasadas recipe here maybe? Hugs, Dixx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bernie

    What a fantastic card for your Son .. .. it is my big baby boy's birthday today too!

    Where do the years go Bernie?!?! It doesn't seem like two minutes since he arrived onthe scene .. .. and now he is 32!!!!!

    Pleased you are happy with your new bed. Let's hope it makes Jim feel much, much better.

    Have a happy day .. . .and happy birthday to your Son too.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great man card l love it:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment about the wedding invites Bernie on WOYWW. The reason I have two butterflies is 'cos I thought two make a marriage - else it might well have only been the one, trust me :)) Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, time really flies by. Children grow up so fast. I'm thinking your son is going to love this fab card you've made for him. Enjoy the celebration.
    Glad your mattress arrived...sounds as if it is being enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a great masculine card Bernie-hope your son's birthday celebration was a good one

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!