Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cherry Blossoms

Hi There
When my Mojo fails me I generally troll the web for inspiration. It seldom takes long before a color combo, an embellishment, a LO, something will get those Mojo juices flowing and I will create something of my own. When I saw this card by Linda Nelson I fell in love with it as is. I couldn’t think of a single way to put my own touch on it without ruining it. Even the color is perfect for the person it is intended. I have substituted some of the supplies as I didn’t have everything Linda used on hand. I think Linda’s card is absolutely gorgeous and can only hope she likes my take on it.


And while the stamp and color pencils were out I made this card. I quite like the pairing of the Roman Bath EF and the MS Arch Lattice with the Cherry Blossoms image.



Anyone who knows me knows I am a died in the wool tight wad.  I shop sales or use coupons for everything. I must confess when I saw this Rubber Stampede Cherry Blossom stamp I couldn’t resist it. I simply HAD to have it. It is the only stamp I have ever paid full price for. That was years ago but I still feel guilty for not having waited for a sale or till I had a coupon to get it.

Lots of scraps/snippets were used in the making of these cards so I'm headed over to the playground to share with Di and the Snippetters.  You too could be a Snippetter. How? Create something, anything, using scraps/snippets of cardstock, ribbon, yarn, anything you may be tempted to toss and you are a Snippetter.  Take it to Di’s virtual playground and join in the fun.

Thanks again to everyone who stops by and especially to those who take the time to leave a comment. Each and everyone is appreciated.

Blessings

Bernie

15 comments:

  1. Ooh Bernie, you truly nailed it - absolutely fabulous. Am I allowed to say I truly prefer your version please- three mahoosive goes on the swings for you :) Hugs Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Bernie and its showing your mojo is here producing these two beauties xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bernie both of these cards are gorgeous. Just love that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both so very pretty cards and I do have to agree with Di. Your little pink card is a further reason for having to get the stamp. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bernie, both cards are beautiful. I love the cherry blossom stamp. I'm sure you will find many uses....Very nice love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely breathtaking! What a gorgeous stamp and your colour schemes are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful case card and they're both gorgeous creations, Bernie! You're on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again, really terrific cards, Bernie!! I love everything about them both!

    You know your phrase for those who go over to Di's and join us on the playground, in my twisted mind, reads like this: Please join us and become a Snip petter. Which would beg the question (from me alone, I suppose), "What is a Snip and is it safe to pet one?"

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darnell, Jim wants to know why I am laughing. Girl you really crack me up.
      Hugs

      Delete
  9. Two gorgeous cards Bernie, loving your use of snippets this week. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these are stunning cards, love the colours. The stamp is gorgeous. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bernie,

    I deleted my original comment because it had a typo sorry! I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to resond. I've been up to my ears making thank you cards for the last several days. I absolutely love both of these cards, they're gorgeous! Your version of my card's waaaayyyy better than mine! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm now your newest follower and can't wait to see more of your beautiful work. Take care and have a wonderful day!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bernie, So happy to see you back in the Closet and hear that Jim is improving steadily. Both these are absolutely lovely. Need I tell you, don't feel guilty...you used your full-price purchase so beautifully it was worth every penny!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like mojo found! Love the pretty soft colors!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!