Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Susie

Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Labor Day weekend. We all enjoyed our BBQ. It was so good to see Donna be able to enjoy food again. We all enjoyed the food.  Although we each only ate a few bites of each there were so many different dishes we were all so full we could barely move afterwards. All in all we couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day. Even the weather was beautiful.




My card today is for Susie, my dear friend, of 50 years.  We started out as friends in a prior life as neither of us are really that old.  :} The doily is the pointy end of a large heart shaped doily. I used one of the organza flowers I made.  Spellbinders Foliage, MS punch and a few curled Cloth Stem Wires were used for the greenery. I have a Possibilities Box. When I find something I think I may possibly be able to use one day I put it in that box. I found the stings of beads in there.  I believe they originally held a toy to the box of my grandson's Christmas gift. My butterfly was a complete surprise to me. I stamped it with chalk ink on to velum, heat embossed it with Sparkle EP and cut it out. It was so pale it blended into the card so I decided to watercolor the back of it. I didn’t realize velum would curl up when wet but I was thrilled with the result. A bow and sentiment finished it off. I will be trying the velum treatment again. Wonder if velum has a vertical and horizontal to it as paper does.            

Have an Amazing Day!Blessings
Bernie
Click here to give --- It’s Free

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Bernie, so delicate, I love it. I don't have a possibilities box but it's such a great idea I think I'll follow suit! Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely Birthday card Bernie l just love everything about it:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that butterfly is beautiful! Well, the whole card is, but that butterfly is just amazing! I'm going to have to try that, too. ~Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Bernie!! Your organza flower and soft purple butterfly are simply gorgeous!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so elegant and so pretty, love your little flower, looks so beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that butterfly, so delicate and perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!