Friday, January 27, 2012

Stamp Catalog

I am sooooooo proud of myself. I put on my big girl panties

and cataloged ALL of my rubber and acrylic stamps. It is working so well for me I thought I’d share it with you today.

As my stamp collection grows I can no longer remember where my stamps are and I’m beginning to forget what I have. I've spent an insane amount of time searching the web for a catalog idea that would suite my needs. I came across Patter Cross’s Rolodex idea but once again space was an issue. I’ve adapted her idea and placed my cards in photo albums instead.  


I began with an 8 1/2" X 11" album until I found some wonderful 12" X 12" photo albums, you guessed it in a thrift shop. This resulted in some images being turned the wrong way but hey I can still see them and these albums take up no more space then a matstack. Years ago I bought some card stock in a thrift shop. Both were dreadful stuff, of no use on my cards but perfect for practicing and as it turns out perfect for my stamp catalog.



I stamped each image on a separate card and noted it’s location in the corner in pencil. As most of my stamps are previously loved, more often then not I don’t know the stamp name or what company it was made by so I’ve only noted their location. Do pop over and see all wonderful information Patter has noted about each of her stamps on her Rolodex cards. You may even get a few ideas on how to store your stamps.  Patter's blog is jam packed with wonderful storage and organization ideas.

I am please with my catalogs. Should one of my stamps find a new home or I decide to move it I can simply remove a card or erase and note it’s new location. I have lots of space to add new images as they find their way into my collection.



I hope someone finds this helpful. If nothing else I encourage you to make yourself a stamp catalog ASAP. The longer you wait the longer it will take.

Have an Amazing Day!

Blessings
Bernie

Click here to give --- It’s Free

5 comments:

  1. My what a task and a half .. .. you have done really well.

    I don't somehow think I will be being as organised as you though.

    I just keep mine stacked in their own little drawers grouped by the manufacturer apart from sentiments. They have a drawer of their own (on a good day LOL!!!).

    Love Jules xx

    p.s. Loving the big girl pants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwwwwwwwwwwhaaahaaaaaaaaaaa You are too funny...don't know where you came up with those unmentionables but they are really BIG.

    Oh, what an organizer you are. Thanks for sharing your idea. Patter really does have a lot of good organizational tips, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic post. I might come round and camp in those! LOL! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh So brilliant and so funny!!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds such a good idea for storage and indexing. I might have to look into that. Thank you for coming over to visit and for becoming a follower. It is good to see you, and thank you for your kind comments. xx Maggie #112

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!