Friday, June 29, 2012

Jim

A quick post tonight to ask for your prayer for my Jim. What he thought was a nasty bug has turned into far worst.

After 11 days of Jim refusing to go to a doctor I could not stand it any longer and demanded he go this morning. I took him to the ER and after many hours of blood tests, CAT scans and assorted other test we learned Jim has a bowel obstruction in one part of his bowel and an infection in another area.



As many of you know Jim has end stage emphysema. If he were a young healthy man they would operate. Because his lungs are so very bad they are doing everything in their power to avoid surgery. If they do operate they would have no option but to use a breathing tube and put him to sleep. If they do it Jim will probably never be able to get off the breathing tube for the rest of his life. This is something Jim has been terrified of for years.

Please pray that the treatment plan is successful. He is in quite a bit of pain and prayers for his comfort would be nice but praying he doesn’t need surgery is more important at the moment.

In my defense Jim hid a great deal from me. He hid his pain and hid his distended belly from me and lead me to believe he was getting better. Had I know he was as ill as he is I would have taken him to the ER a week ago. Why on earth he did this is completely beyond me except he is just about the most stubborn man I‘ve ever known.

Thank you all for your support, cards, calls, gifts and comments. Each one touched me and meant a great deal.

Love, Hugs & Blessings

Bernie

15 comments:

  1. Bernie - so sorry to see that Jim is so unwell. Keeping him (and you) in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bernie, so sorry to hear about Jim. I hope he will be better soon and please keep us posted. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bernie, so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you both and I hope we hear better news really soon. Sending lots of love and thoughts, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about Jim. My thoughts are with you both and I hope the treatment works and he will feel better soon.

    Sending you both lots of hugs. X X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Bernie, not more sadness for you! Will be thinking of you both, fingers crossed the treatment plan works. Stay strong. M x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Bernie, All of my prayers go to a quick recovery take care:)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishes for well health for Jim and for you to get through this trying time. Take care of yourself as you are the caregiver -- prayers going your way!! Candee P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you both hugs and prayers from across the water. Let's hope Jim recovers very soon.
    Love
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers WILL BE SAID! I just answered your email, then read this. God will be with you, and He will be with Jim too. Hugs to both of you...your SC friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your hubby Bernie, I hope his treatment works so the operation isn't needed. Fingers crossed and my thoughts are with you and your hubby.

    Mrs F xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Bernie! I am so sorry to hear this. Aren't our men maddening at times? I sincerely hope the medical team can help him and am sending you many positive thoughts and virtual hugs.

    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear Bernie

    Jim must have hidden everything from you because he was so frightened of what the future might hold.

    I hope and pray that the treatment is working .. .. that Jim's pain has lessened and that surgery can be avoided.

    You seem to have so much to cope with at the moment. Look after yourself too and take care.

    Love and cyber hugs

    Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Bernie

    I am so sorry to hear about Jim, you are all in my thoughts and prayers.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so very sorry to hear about Jim and am praying for you both through this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have not been on the computer and I am so sorry to read this Bernie. Lots of prayers. Trying
    To catch up when I can.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!