Monday, June 4, 2012

Rain Rain Go Away

Good Morning!
It never fails, I wash my car and it turns cold and rainy.  I had a lovely stay in my PJs all day crafty Sunday.  I had so much fun so I don't really want the rain to go away.  Did you watch the Queen’s Jubilee Pageant?  It was wonderful! I thought the Queen looked absolutely fantastic and seems to have enjoyed it all in spite of the rain.

My Internet service has been spotty at best lately and as it is available ATM I will take advantage of it and post all three of my snippet cards at once.

My first card is for our niece Maggie’s birthday. Maggie loves orange and green. I find orange a difficult color to work with so lots of green. I’ve stamped my background with a flourish stamp using ColorBox Celadon ink. I’ve used SB Labels Seven and MS butterflies. The butterflies were painted with glitter nail polish which sparkles IRL but doesn't show up in my photos.  And a little tip, don't fold your wings until your Liquid Pearls has dried.





My second card is for our granddaughter Kili’ohu’s birthday. Kili loves hot pink, another difficult color for me so again lots of green. I’ve used the same layout and background. I’ve wanted this fabulous SU Bird Punch since it first came on the market but anyone who knows me knows I can’t bring myself to buy anything unless I have a coupon or it’s on sale. Jim got fed up with me being such a tight wad and insisted I get it for my birthday or as he said he would find a way to get it himself. Bless his heart. I LOVE IT! My flower is made up of a number of flowers layered together. 


My third card is for our niece Vicky who will be having surgery this week. I’ve used my lovely SU Bird Punch, Sizzix Branch w/ Leaves, EK Success 1” Circle, Scalloped Border and Flower punches, MS Hydrangea punch, Darice Wood Grain EF and SB Classic Oval Lg. All that and I still feel something is missing.


I always punch out more foliage then I need so I've dipped into that little stash of extras and used a bit on each card. Everything not mentioned came from my stash as well.

You don’t want to see the mess I’ve made in The Closet. (I don’t what to see it either.) It’ll take quite some time before everything is back in order. I should be cleaning but I’m headed to the playground to share with Di and the gals instead. I know I’ll need to dry off the swing before I get on but I much prefer that to burning my fanny like I did last time. Come join the fun at 
Di's Snippet Playground.

Check out my candy here.

Whatever you are up to today I hope it will enjoy yourselves.

Blessings
Bernie


Click here to give --- It’s Free

22 comments:

  1. Hi Bernie, beautiful snippet makes. Love the green/orange colour combo - it's really eye-catching. I watched the pageant from the dry and warm comfort of my home and have to admire the grit the Queen showed to stand in the chill for such a long time. I also thought that the folks in the boats were amazing too - they must have been soaked through but they kept on going. It was all fabulous. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what gorgeous gorgeous makes! I love your color palettes on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bernie, Normally the case don't you think?!! stunning cards all of them they are really lovely, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three beautiful cards Bernie. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How different the first two cards look just by changing the embellishments and colours. Hugs MrsA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Bernie, three absolutely fabulous cards! Such super use of little snippets, and as always they are delightful, great colours. Love the little bird punch - it's on my wish list too :)

    Laughed at your comment about the swings :)) It's been wet here again today but the weather stayed dry for the concert at Buck House this evening at least!

    Super, super cards - I already said that I know, but they really are so pretty Bernie.

    Love, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure which card to compliment first...all THREE are just lovely. I think you did fantastic with colors you 'don't love', the cards just popped. So pretty. I'm happy you got the SU bird punch. I have it, haven't used it. I see so many things on Pinterest using it. I think you did first rate on your use of it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous selection of cards Bernie all with fabby colours.. you have been a busy girl!! I can't choose a fav as they all are beautiful... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards Bernie, all three. Love how you've used my favourite colour green on them all - I do think it goes with everything.

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaah these are just too cute sweetie. LOVE the colours and papers too, delish! hugs Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Each card is great, Bernie. Glad hubby made you get that bird punch. It is a good one and I think you're really going to enjoy crafting with it.

    So, now you know, if you don't want rain...do not wash the car. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bernie . . . I love all three cards. Love how you used the bird punch, it's a fave of mine too! You can use up so many snippets with a punch - it's a great way to reduce the pile!

    Di and I share a similar sense of humour . . . so I too laughed at your swings comment. Ah the idiosyncracies of our two languages!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your First Blogoversary too. The candy you're giving away is just lovely, but I haven't added my name because I already have SO MUCH STUFF! Looking forward to the next year of comments and friendship. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just checking in to see if your rain went away or if we need to send out the Coast Guard! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the cards are lovely and I do love how you've done the flower arrangement on the first one.

    Happy Crafting!!! :) X X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three Gorgeous cards, Bernie! I love them all. You did a great job teaming up those vivid colours with the green - it works so well! That Bird punch is fabulous too - so pleased that Jim persuaded you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All three cards are just beautiful! Great tip to use nail polish! Have you seen the new metallic polish? After you polish, you hold a magnet over it, and it creates ripples in the polish. That might be a great craft polish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely snippet cards Bernie, adore the SU bird punch so much!

    We've had so much rain too here in the UK :(

    Have a good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello, nice to meet another kid in the playground! Love these snippet makes. I'm terrible at punching at leaves etc in advance. I seem to do everything when I think of it at the last minute. I love the SU bird punch - it's high on my wish list as I want to make these cute little bird houses I've seen. Have a lovely weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous cards Bernie, not entered this week as I was away but did managed to watch the Jubilee Celebrations. Great use of the snippets.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cards there Bernie. I too fancy that SU punch and it is on my Wish List as well as 2 million other things!
    Had to giggle at your burning fanny comment! Such a great language English isn't it!! Hope it heals very quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so glad you got the punch you wanted and you have certainly put it to good use. Love the cards and agree orange is a colour that is difficult to work but you have made it work here. Lets hope the swings are nice and dry this week if not a little windy with the weather in the Uk at the moment. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!