Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cherish This Day

Hi There;  Happy Wednesday! 



This card was inspired by a challenge on SCS some time ago.  There were some very inspiring cards summited, each using a lattice.  For my card I trimmed some white scraps to size. I cut two frames with an original Sizzix Frame Scallop Oval die. I wove and glued my lattice to one frame then sandwiched it with the other. I ran it thru the Cuttlebug in a Swiss Dot EF. I backed it with some pale green PP although the pattern doesn’t show here. The background was stamped with Versa Mark using Great Impressions’ Rose Background stamp then chalked lightly. The Sentiment is from Printworks, Alphabet Soup, Celebrate Life. The large leaves are Spellbinders Foliage. I made the purple organza flower added some MS greenery and a few EK Success flowers.  

‘Cheap Trick’ Make your own stamp positioner. I made mine out of two layers of foam core. Until I mistakenly pitched it out I had one made our of several layers of chip board aka cereal boxes. I’ve hear of people using Lego blocks. As long as you have a right angle that is deep enough to position your stamp within that angle it should work just as well as any pricey manufactured one.  
  

THANKS for taking the time to stop by and thank you for your lovely comments.

Have an Amazing Day!

Blessings
Bernie
Click here to give --- It’s Free





15 comments:

  1. Great card Bernie! Love that flower too and the lattice work is beautiful. Nice one about the stamp positioner - I've read about the Lego bricks idea too. I also think that I subliminally recalled your idea about the acetate to make pearl swirls patterns - oops, sorry! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, love the lattice work, another great idea! I know a couple of people who use the lego bricks, so far I've managed without but have to agree there are times when one would have been useful!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bernie

    What a beautiful card .. .. you have used up your snippets really well. I love the lattice work .. .. and the flower you have made is gorgeous too!!

    Great finished look.

    Thank you for sharing your snippet make and for keeping my company this week.

    Love Jules xx

    p.s. Love the stamp positioner tip .. .. must have a try!! Thanks for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Bernie for all the comments you leave me, This is gorgeous love the lattice look over the scalloped oval die, and the flower is amazing the purple you have used on the main flower is gorgeous and to think you made this with ribbon it's stunning and the leaves are also very professionally looking you should be very proud of this its a wonderful creation : ) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely original card and snippet usage :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card, I love the idea of lattice work. Your purple organdie flower is beautiful.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Bernie, Fabulous card and I love the organza flower - I have a roll of organza and I've been meaning to dig it out to try some flowers for ages!!!

    Paula. x

    PS. Crafty sellers is a great group on facebook, there are others but I'm not sure about any others! We all like a bargain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card,I love the way you have done the lattice background....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bernie, this is just so gorgeous. I love a lattice card. Your flower is awesome and the leaves are very pretty. I tried to leave comments yesterday but it just wouldn't let me. I would get to the 'post a comment' section but it wouldn't let me type anything. Who knows what that was about?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful Bernie as all of your cards.. you rock friend! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the lattice and how you made it Bernie, what a lovely sentiment for a beautiful card too
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Card! Love the flower and lattice xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card - the lattice work is really effective and your flower is stunning. Love the sentiment. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab snippet card. Lovely flower.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!