Sunday, August 7, 2011

Cute As A Button

Hi There, Sorry I’ve been MIA.   Sometimes life just gets a bit stressful and stomps on those creative juices.   I’ve decided to throw those stressors out the window and concentrate on happier thoughts.   What could be happier then thinking about the Great Granddaughter we are expecting in Nov.  There are 12 boys and 7 girls in our family so I am thrilled the new addition will be a little girl.  I'm sure she will be as cute as a button.   This card will go to her parents when the time comes.



This is another 50 cent stamp found at yard sale. It is mounted on a strange shaped bit of scrap wood. After stamping it several times and all but standing on it I realized it was mounted unevenly with some sort of mega strong glue. Believe me that stamp is NOT coming off that wood. I finally tucked a bit of card stock between the rubber and the wood where the glue was missing. This  gave me a complete image. Isn’t she adorable? I water colored her, cut her with Standard Circle Lg. and layered onto Petite Scalloped Circle Lg. then onto a doily I had chalked lightly. My pink background was run thru the Cuttlebug in an EF that came with my bug. Don’t you just love those tiny button brads, I found them at Michael’s. The Sentiment is a Studio G $1 stamp. A little ribbon, a button and some hand stitching finished it off.
Thanks for stopping by today. Your comments are greatly appreciated.
Have an Amazing Day!
Blessings
Bernie
Click here to give --- It’s Free


3 comments:

  1. You must be kidding Bernie - a great grand daughter?! But we're still just kids ourselves! Absolutely adore the card you made, teddy bears rule the world for me and she really is as cute as a button! Did you do some colouring in :)? The button brads are adorable, it all works so well. Go to the top of the class and collect a gold star on the way. Big hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bernie

    Well done for getting your purchase to stamp a full image!! It was certainly worth all the effort.

    Gorgeous colours and great stitching too.

    I am sure the proud parents are going to love this just as much as I do.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your upcoming GGD. There's nothing more precious than a baby. Your card is just darling and I do love those little button brads..so sweet.
    I saw something about removing those stamps off the wood blocks if you haven't tried it: http://www.scrapbook.com/tips/doc/31271/31.html
    and, of course, the microwave trick is supposed to help.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!