Friday, August 19, 2011

Happy Birthday John

Hello! Wow it’s Friday already. I’ve enjoyed playing in the garden and yesterday with my grandson but I am looking forward to a little more crafty time this weekend.

My card today is for the sweet gentleman who delivers Jim’s Liquid Oxygen every Monday. John loves Jalapeño peppers, as a thank you for all he does for Jim I plant a few plants just for him each year. I am so severely allergic to hot peppers I’m afraid to pick them but John is happy to pick them himself. Monday is John’s birthday and the first peppers of the season will be ready for him to harvest. Couldn’t have timed it better if I’d tried.




It’s a simple card. I scored my card with a space just wide enough for the ribbon to sit in then positioned it in the stars EF to emboss just the top portion and ran it thru the Cuttlebug.  I’ve layered this onto black card then on to my blue card base.  The ribbon is layered on a strip of white then black card stock, just to make it appear a bit broader.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment, black half pearls for balance and it‘s done.

‘Cheap Trick’ Get an ATG gun. Over the years I have foolishly spent a fortune on glue runners, red sticky tape (name escapes me) and a variety of glues because I thought they were cheaper. I got my ATG with a 50% off coupon at Michael’s. It came with two rolls of tape, the glue is wonderful, holds well and lasted for such a long time. I find I use far less of it then I did the glue runners. I no long rely on glues and red sticky tape to make up for the glue runners short coming. Although it hasn’t eliminated the need for glues and red sticky tape, ultimately I find the ATG is a great money saver. Of course I only buy refills when I have a coupon.

10 comments:

  1. So John gets peppers that he loves and a beautiful card, too? How he must love coming to your house. Love the awesome ribbon and the wonderful, embossed bg.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and he also gets the veggies I pick and goodies when I bake. He is spoiled but he deserves it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really beautiful card:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Bernie - Len will be round later for some 'Galloping Chinos Peppers'. Late here and Spike the Hedgie is outside noshing like there's no tomorrow :) I got an ATG Gun from Santa and love it to bits - but agree that there's still space for other tapes when certain things are to be done. Again, a super card! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Di again - before I fall asleep, the red tape is called 'Ultra Sticky Tape' over here - costs a fortune but very good and hard to budge. I reckon with the ATG and a hot glue gun you'd need little else really. Aw, and maybe a Quickie Glue Pen for the fiddly bits :)

    Off to bed -

    ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz................zonk!!!!!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Bernie! Love the clean crip look of this card!
    BTW I saw the foam blocks (that I used in my stamp making tutorial) in the dllar spot at Target, I bought some and tried them and they work great! I got the pack with several shapes and they had one pack of square ones. Good luck!
    Linday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is amazing Bernie, love that embossing and the clean crisp look.. so elegant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Bernie,I love the elegance of it...Great layout....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bernie

    Looks like I missed this one appearing.

    What a lovely make. Love the embossing either side of the ribbon .. that is a great look.

    Hope you had a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific male card here Bernie!

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!