Friday, July 29, 2011

Sisters at Heart

Hi There

Hope you are enjoying your day and looking forward to a lovely weekend.




I made this card for my dearest friend. Susie is my forever friend. She has known me forever, well since high school and beyond. She knows all my secrets, where all the bodies are buried and she loves me anyway? And I love her. Susie reminded me recently that we will soon be celebrating the 50th anniversary of our friendship. We met on the first day of high school and have been the best of friends ever since. Susie loves all shades and hues of purple.





The frame was made using a MS daisy border punch. Becca at Amazing Paper Grace has a wonderful tutorial on how to
Punch A Perfect Border Frame here.






The little hearts were already embossed on the pink card stock when I found it. I made the white flower from organza ribbon. The sentiments is a Michael’s $1 rubber stamp. Everything else is from my stash and you know was either found in a thrift shop or yard sale.



Don’t know why I can’t get a decent photo of it but the inside says:

Not Sisters At Birth

But we knew from the start

God put us together

To be Sisters at Heart.

Cheap Trick:  Becca of Amazing Paper Grace has an amazing talent for looking at her punches and coming up with fascinating new ways to use them.  Use the link above to go to her YouTube channel.  Unlike others Becca cuts to the meat of the subject and gives simple to understand directions without endless chatter.  Be warned you maybe there for a while as she has many tutorials.  Not just on the use of punches but all things Spellbinders and ribbon as well. 

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comments.
Have an Amazing Day
Blessings
Bernie

5 comments:

  1. Hi Bernie! What a fabulous card for Susie, the colours are stunning and you did a great job as ever - she's sure to love it! I've watched the border frame punching tutorial and it's so clearly done - brilliant tip, I'll be looking at her others ASAP for sure! Hugs, and have a nice day! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet card;) 50 years WOW! happy friendship anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card for any friend love the embossed card and the scolloped circle it's truely beautiful and your friend will love it:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a beautiful card, it is so elegant, bet your friend will not just like it but love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card for your long time friend. She is sure to love it. I agree, Becca has awesome tutorials.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!