Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thank You Becca

Today I have a special Thank You to Becca for the lovely Girl’s Paperie papers she sent me.



These papers are so pretty I didn’t want to make that first cut but what good are they just sitting there. I found this little piece of pleated lace and thought it went beautifully with these papers. I aged a half doily then layered on a feather a leafy branch and my crochet flower. 




I was having a sleepless night so I watched several YouTube videos on how to crochet flowers. Somehow I came up with something of my own. I have no idea what I did but I like it. I’d never made stick pins before but somehow this card called for them. I didn’t have any floral corsage pins so I used some quilting pins. Lot less intimidating too.  The beads came off a Dollar Tree Eyeglasses Cord. The sentiment is an old Stampin’ Up stamp. I finished with a velum MS Butterfly which I sponged with some gold ink and some pearls from my stash.

Thank you for stopping by I appreciate every comment.
Have an Amazing Day
Blessings
Bernie 

5 comments:

  1. This is just so beautiful Bernie - I love it! Like the close-up photo too, I neeed to get me some feathers! Watch out local bird life :) Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 2nd that!! stunning card, love the pearls they are so beautiful and that Rose you crochet how clever are you truely is a lovely card:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. the crochet flower turned out beautiful, I love that you made it 3-D, so elegant! The stick pins are just as pretty as store bought, more so in fact and they match perfectly! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog today, it made me smile and say "awww"
    Hugs,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I just love these crochet flowers! I never quite learned to crochet or sew and am quite envious of those who can create these beautiful items. have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful Bernie, can't believe you just taught yourself to crochet just like that! Love all the little details too. Thanks for popping by mine this week, perhaps one day we can persuade you to give WOYWW a go too! Have a great weekend.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!