Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Trash to Treasure

I bought a pack of papers at Michael’s and received this junk mail envelop and challenged myself to make a card with them.



I used the envelop to create a layer. I cut the various colors into strips and ran them thru the Cuttlebug in assorted EFs. I used Spellbinders Jumbo scalloped Border Petites to round off each strip, sanded each and adhered them to the card front. Not having wide enough brown left I used two narrow strips then hid the center cut with a bit of grosgrain ribbon. The flower was hand cut from the same paper layered on to some silk leaves. The crochet flower was another blog candy win. The sentiment is an old SU stamp.

Thanks for visiting today. I appreciate your comments.
Have an Amazing Day
Blessings
Bernie

6 comments:

  1. Oh Bernie - this is just stunning! Very clever to recycle and the end result is fabulous. Love the combo of colours! Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you did a fabulous job on this!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is stunning, great way to recycle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fantastic use of an ordinary envelope...stunning work Bernie and such a clever idea
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you are very clever!! BEAUTIFUL CARD!!!!
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bernie this is just lovely, great colours and so simply made too. I think sometimes we all tend to overlook the simple stuff these days.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are not allowed on this blog. Sorry but constant spam has forced me down the route of stopping them!